W dniu 05.05.2016 o 15:26, Simon Glass pisze:

This has bugged me for a long time. I see that Rockchip stores its
boot information 64 blocks into the device, allowing room for the
GPT. This seems like the lowest common denominator for the case you
raise. Perhaps ARM could create a set of guidelines here?

I don't think the media type is the problem.

When it comes to media all was about split between "firmware device" which can be 1-2MB of SPI flash with just boot loaders + "system device" which can be SD/SATA/whatever and contain system and user data.