> I like the idea of being able to assemble or craft items in the game.

Which is why it's nice to add more formulae, imo, makes non combat stuff more
interesting :)

> Thaumaturgy to assemble lesser gems in to a flawed gem.
>
> Jeweler skill to cut/polish the flawed gem in to the gem "of
> great value", et al.

Would be an interesting mix, indeed:

20 diamonds with thaumaturgy => unrefined diamond of great value
unrefined  with jewelery => diamond of great value

same for next "levels".

> If graphics are needed, I volunteer to work on that.

Thanks for the offer :)

Then we'd need, for each gem, 3 new faces: unrefined gem of great value,
unrefined gem of exceptional value, unrefined gem of flawless value :)

For experience and level, I would say, randomly:

- for gem to gem of great value: level 2, exp 1000

- gem of great value to gem of exceptional value: level 6, exp 6000

- gem of exceptional value to gem of flawless value: level 12, exp 12000

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org