lcs Mixmaster Remailer wrote:
> What are the prospects for smartcard based systems within the U.S.?  Such
> cards are essentially nonexistent in commerce.  Apparently in Europe and
> Asia they are widely used, though, instead of the credit cards preferred
> by Americans.

I wouldn't go so far as that! I have a wide selection of traditional
credit cards, and not very many smartcards. Almost all the smartcards I
have are either in my phone or my TV. I do have a Mondex card, but I've
yet to activate it, let alone use it. I have never used a smartcard for
a financial transaction. I do use credit cards frequently, though.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
SECURE HOSTING AT THE BUNKER: http://www.thebunker.net/hosting.htm