At 06:26 PM 02/24/2000 -0500, David Jablon wrote:
>Indeed.  At least in the personal computer space, I've heard that
>smart-card deployment is negligible in the US, Europe, and everywhere.
>Sure, I ordered my free AmEx Blue, out of sheer cypherpunk curiousity.
>But I haven't been motivated enough to actually install it.
>
>Does anyone have any data on PC-based smart-card reader deployment
>anywhere in the world?

The Independent Smartcard Developer Association is run by
Mark Briceno, [EMAIL PROTECTED],  www.scard.org,
who bears a striking resemblence to a well-known Cypherpunk :-)

At least at the time it was founded, it was the only group
providing smartcard development support that wasn't
part of or strongly tied to a specific smartcard manufacturer.
                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]