On Nov 1, 2007, at 3:57 PM, John Levine wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's a slur. Hushmail is not a scam. They do a very
good job of explaining what they do, what they cannot do, and against
which threats they protect.

Have you looked at Hushmail lately?

I am only quarreling with the word "scam."

Yes, I have. They have their with Java option and their without Java option, and even the "Express" option. Look at:

<https://www.hushmail.com/hushmail/showHelpFile.php? file=compatibility/java/index.html>

which has a very nice description of each system, and what vulnerabilities there are with each. There are many things one might say about the without Java option. They might include, "doesn't meet my security needs" or "I can't imagine what would possess someone to use the non-Java version." But it's not a scam.

        Jon