Consider a network of N nodes each given an id from 1 to N, each node uses
a protocol where any message it receives it decrypts with it's id. All
messages get sent to every node instantly, and decryption has a very high
cost.

Node A wants to send a message to another node (node A just chooses an id
randomly). Node A encrypts the message with the other nodes ID and sends it
into the network. Node A has just securely communicated with another node
(let say node B) without any prior secure channels and for another node to
break that communication they must try ~n/2 decryptions. Of course A is
blindly communicating with node B, but as long as node B wants the
communication to be secure, the communication is secure and it requires no
prior secure communications other than the protocol itself.