On 2014-04-29 05:58, Ryan Carboni wrote:
    We happen to live on a planet where most users are ordinary users.

given the extent of phishing, it's probably best we outsource trust to
centralized authorities.
Although it should be easier establishing your own certificate authority.

Cannot outsource trust Ann usually knows more about Bob than a distant authority does. A certificate authority does not certify that Bob is trustworthy, but that his name is Bob.

In practice, however we find that diverse entities have very similar names, and a single entity may have many names.