On 29/04/2014 00:12 am, Ryan Carboni wrote:
> trust is outsourced all the time in the non-cryptographic world

trust is built up all the time, risks are taken all the time, choice is
taken all the time.

> unless you do not have a bank account

That's not outsourced, that's direct, person to bank, the person has a
choice, chooses to place her trust in that bank.  Also, it is limited to
defined things that are required, can't be done by the person, and
bolstered by real backing such as FIDC.

When you suggest "it's probably best we trust authorities" that is
CA-playbook crapola meaning "you must trust the authorities that have
been picked for you."  The vector has been reversed, people are told
what has to happen, so there is no trust.

Trust derives from choice.  Where is the choice?

iang