Is there any way to get IE to understand "focus"?

Looks like a good place to use Sons of Suckerfish [1], especially the
Focus [2] part.

Prabhath
http://nidahas.com

[1] http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/
[2] http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/focus/

Hi,

the suckerfish solution (the old solution I would call it) and the approach using Dynamic Properties are the same from a technical view. But I think, the Dynamic Props approach has some advantages:

* We don't have to include a script anymore, which is loaded by every browser and therefore we would have to do some browser-sniffing. This makes your javascript a little "cleaner" and smaller.
The hack stays, where it belongs - in your IE specific style sheet.
* We can get rid of an onload event (which is not really necessary anyway).
* We can use some more advanced selectors better than getElementsByTagName to attach the focus/blur events. It's easier to attach different styles to different elements...

Regards,

Klaus