Haoshiro wrote:
Heh, exactly. That's why hacks, in general, are a bad idea. More headaches for developers when future releases happen... whether that be the browser devs or the web devs!

Personally I just try to rework the way I am implementing something until it is cross-browser without hacks.

But perhaps the wide spread use of hacks is because everyone wants to design new-spec sites with pure CSS for browsers that were designed to accomodate classic table-based layouts. Yet we all flinch at the idea of using the browser the way the browser makers originally intended/expected!

Then I'd like to see a 3px text jog fixed without hacking. Can you please provide an URL to your new method?

Or does your interpration says we can't use floats? Would you use a table in this situation?

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html