At 8:32 PM -0500 11/9/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>So the only way to bold and center all the text in every cell of a
>particular column is to add those rules to every cell? (Sounds like bad
>coding to me.) Or to pretend that they are header cells when they
>aren't? (Sounds like bad coding to me.)

    No, though that is one way.  The other way is to class all of the
cells that share a column, and style via that class.  A simple
example:

Now you can style each column uniquely.
    Yes, the city names could probably be th element with scope="row",
and then you could dump all the class names for this example, but
pretend it's a table with more than two columns.  Also, the markup
there isn't very accessible, but it's good enough to illustrate the
point I'm making.  I hope.

--
Eric A. Meyer (http://meyerweb.com/eric/), List Chaperone
"CSS is much too interesting and elegant to be not taken seriously."