Iorhael wrote:

> thanks Francky, I will give that a try!
> I am curious as to how you were able to view my stylesheet though
> since I have it linked...I didn't think there was any way to view
> linked stylesheets.
> Debbie

Hi Debbie,
Almost everything what somebody can see through his browser, is public!
Also linked stylesheets (or javascripts, or images). It's a bit
off-topic to tell how, but when you know the easiest way, you have a
marvellous tool for css-designing too.

1. The long way
View sorce code, remark in the head: <link href="debscardsbasic.css"
...> and <style ...> @import "debscardsimport.css".
Then go to browser, paste
"http://www.drk-writing.com/debscards/debscardsbasic.css"; and
"http://www.drk-writing.com/debscards/debscardsimport.css";.
There they are! Downloaded page + downloaded stylesheets = local
changing and testing possible (just pay attention to internal links).

2. The medium way
Get Firefox <http://www.mozilla.com/> as browser, get Chris Pederick's
FF Web Developer Extension
<https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Developer%20Tools&numpg=10&id=60>.
In the new FF-toolbar, click "CSS" and then "View css". That opens a
kind of webpage with a list of all used stylesheets and their content.
Plus the links to get them (as above, but straightly clickable).

3. The short and easy use way: magic on screen!
Follow step 2, but now click "CSS" and then "Edit CSS". That opens on
your left hand a sidebar with directly the content of the stylesheet. If
more, they are tabbed.
And a little wonder: in the sidebar you can change things! Real time you
see the changes in the panel of the openend page (even if it is not your
own page!). That makes it very very easy to analyse: change and see if
it works!
You can combine that with viewing the source code in another opened
FF-window: in sourcode you go to the wanted item, you see what the ID,
class or container it regards. Go over to the stylesheet-sidebar, and
look what is the meaning of the corresponding ID, class, container.

Especially since I discovered the last possibilities, I could speed up
my page-analyzing and correcting enormously!
Can also be combined with the "Outline blocklevels" in the toolbar: you
see immidiately where is what on the page, and where are the anomalies.
And of course: can be rapidly combined with the outcome of a css- or
html-check with the css-/html-validator.

Recommended!
francky