  From: Ian Young
  To: Paul Collins
  Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:27 PM
  Subject: RE: [css-d] link to a style sheet in the body of a page

  > Thanks for your reply Ian.
  >
  > I've got a navigation include coming from a third party. They've
  > got their own style sheet for this and it is a part of the
  > include. The include features in the body of the page and it all
  > works OK using the CSS link way, but it doesn't validate. This is
  > because you can't use the link attribute in the body of a
  > document, only in the head. Just wondering if there was another
  > way of linking to the stylesheet in the body of the document:
  >
  > <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="styles.css"/>
  >
  > Any ideas?
  > Cheers

  Still needs to be in the head no matter what. However, if you use the
  complete URL from third part that will work.
  ie <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all"
  href="http://www.clientdomain.com/include/styles.css"/>

  However, I am being totally thick here as I am still not sure what you are
  trying to achieve.

  Ian