Ø  if you are creating a commercial
web site then you are decreasing your web sites accessibility and
therefore you are loosing those potential customers.

Thanks for your thoughts, Davoud…

I agree with your perspective on trying to cater to as many

users as possible.  Users *are* the standards committee for me,

which is why, at least for new, I target only FF2, IE6, and IE7,

which really represents almost all users, percentage-wise, especially

on my sits.  And the target browsers will include FF3, when it is released.

But the targeting key for me is as many users/browsers as *possible*.

I’m wrestling with learning totally CSS-based design, learning a

new IDE (Eclipse/CFEclipse), trying to keep up with SEO/SEM concerns

for my clients and generate their reports and offer perspective on them,

learn the new tools for coding in ColdFusion 8, to which I recently upgraded,

keep MySQL happy, keep production of new sites moving, write proposals, etc.

It’s just matter of how many “straws” can you put on the camel’s back,

before he buckles under the weight.  For some to complain that a site breaks

when font size is increased to +3 may be important for some, but it’s not

something I can add to my list of priorities right now.  I do have sympathy,

even empathy, for those visually impaired… my increasingly poor eyesight is

causing headaches and aggravation right now, and I do appreciate it when some

offers the various size “A” buttons on their site to increase font size.  It’s

just not something I’ve had time to learn to employ into my sites.  Although,

at some point, I will.

I’m adapting practices as fast as possible, but CSS coding can be a real pain

in the rear with browser compatibility.  In many ways, it would be *far* simpler

to just to go back to tables.  Since my change-over to CSS-based layouts, my
sites

take a lot longer to develop because of the inherent CSS compatibility problems.

I just tend to balk at the attitude of some who say “do CSS completely correctly

or don’t do it at all.”

This is like asking all airlines to drop their fares to $10 per flight no matter

what class or destination so all can travel by air and see the world.  It would
be

great, but the airlines can’t afford to offer that utopian level of service.
So, not

everyone gets to fly around the world or at all, and certainly not first class.

Rick

PS - @ ~dl… I did top post!  :o) (however I like to leave the message I’m
responding to

somewhere in the response for context…)