Dave M G wrote:

> http://tokyocomedy.com/tokyo_comedy_store

> In Explorer version 7, on XP and Vista, however, the alignment of
> various <div> tags is askew

> What is IE7 doing different?

For one: IE7 doesn't support the 'inherit' value any more than IE6 does,
so - among other things - several elements lack 'height' value - and
thereby some much needed 'hasLayout' triggers.
A quick test reveals that most alignment-failures in IE7 are fixed when
actual values are used instead of 'inherit'.

Also: there's one end tag for "div" missing in there, but I didn't check
which one of if it matters.

FWIW: I can't see the point in that IE6 warning, as IE6 isn't going to
drop below a "safe to ignore" level any time soon no matter what.
IE6 will also probably render your page(s) close to IE7 - for CSS, since
these two versions tend to fail on the same CSS.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no