-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan Gresley
Sent: March 6, 2008 18:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org; 'Bruno Fassino'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [css-d] IE8 is better but still slightly broken

Thierry Koblentz wrote:

> > I agree with Nick here. The band pass filter will be fixed in later
beta.
> > Currently I think you can use this approach (untested).
> >

> imho, the fact that the band pass filter will be fixed or not is
irrelevant,
> because in any case I won't have anything more to do.
> It is working *now* and it will be working tomorrow. Why should I
leave that
> page broken when I know there is an easy, *safe* and quick fix?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com

You are correct in once sense and that why I suggested the import method
to separate all versions of IE. Remember hacking IE8 to render correctly
hides the bugs in the first place.

I have many broken pages because IE8 is using my IE7 targeting hacks.
Now I have to remove all these hacks from my main style sheet and now
feed IE7 it's style via invalid import hacks. I don't know what hacks
you have used Thierry but I do understand what I must do for my site but
certain pages must remain broken to support any test cases that I do
prepare.

I not saying not to hack for IE8. I was just showing a way of using the
band pass filter to feed IE8 the correct style with either broken or
unbroken rendering. I myself will let IE8 render however it decides to
render.

Alan

http://css-class.com/