On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:13:52 -0700
John wrote:

> I have been using CSS for a couple years now, but most of what I've
> done is emulate code I've seen and bang it into the form I need it to
> be.
>
> Any suggestions on a spot on line with a good explanation of the
> cascading relationship(s)?

A cascade is a series of waterfalls. In each CSS step (or waterfall)
rules can be set. If there is a clash between a rule at the top and an
equivalent rule in a later stylesheet, or even later in the same
stylesheet, the latter one wins. Thats the basis.

Then you have four factors involved which should be taken into account
in the following order: weight, origin, specificity, sort order. But you
didn't ask about them

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416