Patrik Jansson wrote:
[...]
> For example here there are two rows of thumbnails and IE shows the
> bigger image 1.5em or so below the line it should be in:
> http://www.mondiara.com/x_tlehto.php?lang=en
[...]
> regards,
> --patrik

Bruno has covered the haslayout issues with IE6 and IE7. IE8b2 shows
something different all together. If you scroll to the bottom of this page

http://www.mondiara.com/x_tlehto.php?lang=en

and refresh it, only two thumbnails show and the larger popup image is
hanging outside the div#container1 and over div#footer. Hovering the
thumbnails causes reflow and the layout snaps into place. I don't know
why this is happening but I dare say that this may have something to do
with it.

#IEroot .sandbag_div_topright2{
        height:26em;
        }

<!--[if IE]><div id="IEroot"><![endif]-->

You may wish to change the Conditional Comment to this

<!--[if lte IE7]>

or just target IE7 and earlier in the CSS.

*:first-child+html .sandbag_div_topright2{
        height:26em;
        }

* html .sandbag_div_topright2{
        height:26em;