At 09:25 AM 1/19/2009 +1300, Karl Hardisty wrote:
> At 11:31 AM 1/18/2009 -0500, Larry C. Lyons wrote:
>> CSS pages render about 1/3rd less time than table based layouts
<snip>
Ask anyone not on a fast internet connection. Not everyone has the
luxury (utility?) of high speed internet connections such as those
most of us on this list enjoy.

I must have a slow "brain connection", because something about the above just hit me: how fast a page renders has nothing to do with the speed of your internet connection, but rather the speed of your computer. You would *download* the files faster or slower depending on your connection, but they only start rendering once they actually reach your computer, of course -- and, hence, it's the speed of your computer that would be the relevant factor.

In that regard, I still don't know how important a factor it is for CSS pages to render 1/3 faster than table layouts, even on a slow(er) computer -- it would have to be an extremely, extremely complex page, I would think, for it to be any difference greater than negligible.

Ron :)