At 11:01 +0000 on 03/13/2009, Bobby Jack wrote about Re: [css-d] Font
size dilemma:

>Having said all that, I don't think we need to be too dogmatic about
>it. Web pages are NOT the same as books - I believe there should be
>more of a visual identity to a site than just a logo and a couple of
>images. If browsers did a better job of handling font-sizing, every
>web site could easily be readable by all whilst maintaining a unique
>look of its own, even in regards to the 'base' font size.

In some ways CSS is a step backwards on this issue from the old HTML
FONT tag. With <FONT ...> you display in the USER'S defined font size
and increase/decrease the display via the SIZE parm. With CSS you can
get the same result via use of EM or % sizes but using PT (or other
measures that ignore the user's default font size) causes the user's
settings to be overridden and ignored.
--

Bob Rosenberg
RockMUG Webmaster