Atkinson, Sarah wrote:
> U can set multiple  style classes to an item. Also u can use the
> cascade. So u can set styles for all of the .thisHead And then set
> styles that are only for .pullout .thisHead
>
>> I have a 'comment' class which follows a set
>> format except its width changes depending whether it is a short or
>> medium length.
>>
>> So I tried class="comment wide" but that doesn't work because .wide is
>> not set explicitly, only within another style. The alternative is to
>> have a narrowComment class and a wideComment class because a wide class
>> with a set width means it can only apply to a 'comment' element.
>>
>> I've used .larger and .smaller in the past but I have to specify the
>> increment which gives me no flexibility.
>>
>> It would be simpler if I were dealing with IDs because I could style my
>> #comment and add a .wide class and then specify the style for #comment
>> .wide in my style sheet.
>>
>> But 'Comment' is not an object, its a type.
>>
>> So, in effect, I'm looking for a sub class. Does this make sense and is
>> there a logical solution that's portable and not too exotic?
Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question.

What I want is an empty class that has no specific meaning itself but
extends another class.

This is fine when I have an element within an element because I can set
a style for .parent .child

I can also set a specific element's style using #child .child

I can also say that an element adopts 2 styles with .english .child

To partly answer my question I could specify .tall . child where tall is
20% above average

But what if a .tall .parent is only 10% taller?

--

Kind Regards

  Chris Price
  Choctaw

chris.pr...@choctaw.co.uk <mailto:chris.pr...@choctaw.co.uk>
www.choctaw.co.uk <http://www.choctaw.co.uk>

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 629 0227

Choctaw Media
Fertile Ground for Websites

Follow me on Twitter <http://twitter.com/choctaw>
Catch up with me on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/spoonfulofdreams>

 >> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Priory Close, St Mary's Gate,
Lancaster LA1 1XB, United Kingdom.