Hello all,

Sometimes we learn enough for doing it, and even customize it but,
I actually would like to clear some points on the path to properly
and precisely understand it. I will try to be as technical as I can
at this moment, please correct any concepts that I may get wrong.
Thanks a lot.

Here is the source information:
http://www.nuvemk.com/formacao_lx/outros/ul_li_tests.html - the css styles
are inside.

On the .navegacao class declaration block:

        We have a overflow:hidden; declaration.
        We know that this is for IE proposes only (trigger hasLayout
        property)

        we also know that we use it so that this element could contain
        the descended float elements.

        However, the immediate descended - ul - has no float property
        applied to it but the next descended element,- li - has.

                1)
                If we apply overflow property here, will this property
                be inherited to descendants even without being declared
                on them as inherit ?

                2)
                How do we call the properties that have this inheritance
                capacities?
                Having inheritance is something that some properties may
                have by default, or the user agents are the responsible
                for "giving that" to some properties?

                3)
                The - display:inline; - declaration on - .navegacao ul li -
                selector, will place our list items inline.
                However, if we have no float declaration as well, we will
                have some left and/or(?) right space between inline
elements.
                What space is that? Web developer toolbar show us no margin,

                neither padding.

                3.1)
                I see that, to solve it, we can use the float property to
                eliminate that extra space between inline elements.
                Why is that? Is it because the float property tell us
                by definition, that if we have, for example, 3 floated
                elements they will/should place themselves on the outer
                edge of the previous floated element or container?

                4)
                On the - .navegacao ul li a -  declaration block,
                we can't add padding-top and bottom, they will not be
                rendered on the viewport. Why? Because we are treat them
                as inline elements and not, block box elements.
                Is this precise?

                Why line-height doesn't work either?

                5)
                The question that make all those be here: "how can I
                put a background on the navigation, that goes beyond
                the right border height?
                Since we can have no padding nor line-height, should
                we apply the background color to a parent element?
                Which one?

                Let's imagine that the background color should start
                on the top ---- and end on the bottom ---- :
                | item1 |  | item2 |

Please help me solve this maze,
Márcio