On Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:19:42 am Gabriele Romanato wrote:
> > So your tests highlight  the input box adapts to font size and family?
>
> Nope. As the title of the tests say, only their _height_.

I too am confused.  When I take the "width: 150px" off your test cases, the
widths of every one of those input boxes is different.  (Chrome 5 for Linux) So
it sure looks to me like the width changes with font size and family in
addition to the height.

When removing the width, it doesn't appear to act as one might expect though.
In your first case, no font size or family (on my computer that translates into
Deja Vu Sans Book, 13px -- apparently, webkit shrinks the font a bit) you get
16 O's.
In the 1em sans-serif case, (Deja Vu Sans Book, 16px) I get 14 Os.
In the 1em serif case (Palatino Linotype, 16px) I have 12 Os.
In the 11px Verdana case, I have 14 Os.
In the 11px Arial case, I have 15 Os.
In the 12px Georgia case, I have 12 Os.

So you don't get the same number of characters in each box, but you DO get
different sizes (height AND width) with different font sizes and families.

And of course, if I specify a height on the inputs, the height of every input
box is the same.

So I don't understand what behavior you're trying to demonstrate either.

---Tim