On Jun 19, 2010, at 4:00 AM, Mark Richards wrote:

>> Cambodian/Khmer
>> renders vastly different font sizes between browsers.

That issue with Khmer came up in the past, although I can't seem to find it in
the archives (bad search-fu !). One thing I know for sure is that khmer fonts
have a very small aspect-ratio (x-height).

It is possible that [a] if you don't specify a font-family, browsers use a
different one and [b] some browsers (IE ?) may do sone additional trickery to
size the text upwards.

As you don't provide any url (hint: that is _always_ useful), I had a quick
look at Wikipedia Khmer pages. At least on OS X, the font-size was consistent
between WebKit and Gecko, and I didn't see any different code loaded for each
browser.
Maybe you can have a look at Wikipedia with browsers that exhibit the
differences on your side, and see if Wikipedia serves different stylesheets ?

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/