This may be off topic, if so please forgive me. I would like to be able to
change some text sitewide like you can change text formatting sitewide with
css.

I keep coming back to this in my mind because with css you can add a link to a
background image and of course have that image applied to every page on your
site using you css file.

Can you so this with text - the most obvious use would be for your menus so you
can change it once and then the whole site is updated. I know this can be done
because someone told me a couple years ago - however I had no need for it at
the
time and didn't pursue it. I would also like to be able to update paragraphs of
info this way.

Will you please lead me to the correct resources?

Thanks,

Cynthia