Thanks for the feedback.  I was hoping there was a solution that allowed me
to keep both my percentage based widths as well as the static width
borders.  If I can't find a way to do this I am planning on reducing one of
the widths a bit.  I wish there was a way to do something like
.selector {
    width: 61%-4px;
}
A few things I'm curious about is why does Chrome render how i want, and
why is the total width in FF 100%+1px, not 100%+4px? (4 1px borders)
One last question, does anyone know how many decimal places you can use
when setting pixel and percentages in CSS? In my experience it seems like
fonts allow finer accuracy (i've used ems values like 2.4) but widths seem
only to allow #.0 and #.5.  Any info or references about this?

Thanks again Chetan, and I'd be happy to hear if anyone as any info
regarding my questions.

David