On 3/16/14 5:52 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
solution: position them from the right…

#social {
display:inline-block; /* <—- remove this, makes no sense with an absolute
position element */
position:absolute;
top:0;
left:47em; /* <———- change this to right: 0; */
}
Philippe;

this helped enormously...heh..you are right..I had no business having display:inline-block with position:absolute;

Now all the browsers are showing things correctly, except Opera, which has my aside down lower and in the middle..it appears to be influenced by section, but I'm not seeing what the connection is...

what is different in Opera's eyes compared to the other browsers?

Thank you..
John