mar 17 2014 05:10 John <j...@coffeeonmars.com>:

> I think I'm getting closer to understand how to use this new (to me) method
> of positioning, but I don't get what it's relative to, such that Firefox
> renders it differently from Opera, Chrome and Safari..

Absolute positioning is relative to the nearest Positioning context. That is
the first parent — going inside out from the current element — that has a
"position".

Just position:relative; is enough for the positioning context element. Without
a positioning context you are effectively positioning relative to the body
element. All of this is of course Elementary CSS Layout.