On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM, John <j...@coffeeonmars.com> wrote:

> On 3/17/14 7:24 AM, Tom Livingston wrote:
>>
>> Sorry. I'm not sure what the discrepancy is. They look pretty similar to
>> me.
>
> your screengrab shows them closer than my FF version, but why should there
> BE a discrep?
>
> Or better, am I using the wrong method to get those text bits to line up as
> I want them to?
>
> I reached out for inline-block and position: absolute to avoid the
> snarkyness of using float and clear but it seems *much* trickier by quite a
> bit.
>
> I am hoping it is learning  pains.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John

I personally would have gone with floats. I've gotten used to it so
I'm comfortable with it. Make your columns separate divs, float them
and make sure the math works for all widths. I usually don't fit
things 100%. Leave some wiggle room for the child elements.

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com