Hello,

I managed to compile and install csync2-1.34 on solaris for my latest project
for synchronizing files in a heartbeat/pacemaker cluster.
Now i'm faced with a very interesting situation, where the hostnames that need
to be synchronized are not resolved by dns since the communication between them
is done through a separate network dedicated for the heartbeat. The problem I
have that each time a node would join the cluster i would have to modify the
hosts file on each node of the cluster so that csync2 would be able to
propagate the changed files to the new node.
I would like to know what would be the main reason that all the definitions of
a host in the cfg file are made using its hostname and not the host's IP? Would
it be possible for it to use the IP's?

Vadim