On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 01:26:26PM -0700, Michi Mutsuzaki wrote:
> Yeah I think adding a documentation would be great. I spent a lot of
> time figuring out the config file syntax, right options to use, etc..
> I don't know what the process is for contributing to csync2. I hope
> someone can help you with that.

git clone git://git.linbit.com/csync2
cd csync2/doc

edit csync2_paper.tex, and check the results:
pdflatex --interaction=batchmode csync2_paper.tex
pdflatex --interaction=batchmode csync2_paper.tex

now check csync2_paper.pdf ...

Iterate until you are satisfied.

Then, git diff > my-doc-improvement.diff,
and attach that to an email to this list.

(works of course the same for non-documentation, but code improvements)

Alternatively, commit locally:
git commit -a
  write a nice commit message describing what you did

And then post your commits to this mailing list,
either by
 git format-patch -k origin/master
   and then attaching the generated diffs to some email yourself.
or by
 git send-email --dry-run --to csync2@lists.linbit.com origin/master

(leave off the dry-run, if that in fact did what you intended)

Thanks,

        Lars

--
: Lars Ellenberg