Marc,

On 15-09-09 14:49:31, Marc Fournier wrote:
> Will go the ‘build from source’ route … I had to do that on FreeBSD
> because they only have 1.x in ports too … no biggie, just wanted to
> make sure I wasn’t overlooking something before I did that …

If you don't need it right now but within the next days, I could help
you. Actually the way Martin described is "the right one" and isn't
rocket-science. Taking this route would give you updates etc. as well.

If you would like to try again, but feeling that you need some
assistance, I would be happy to help.

Cheers and all the best,
Georg