-Caveat Lector-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 1/9/99 4:30:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> << You own the list. You can do what ever you want with it. However,
>  your banning Hawk from the list without even a warning or and ending to  that
> particular thread is objectionable to me. Will I be next?

Yeah, I am on another list and by them doing that they are killing the list
for two days there have been only three post, starting to pick up a bit, but
nothing like it was last year.

> .
>  Perhaps a deeper understanding of the moral code of 3,000 years ago and its
> relationship to that of today would be useful. I don't know. But
>  apparently we aren't going to be discussing it here

or even that of 135 years ago, you got to remember the differences in the cultures
between the north and the south, and that culture includes their religion.

>  Kris did indeed warn him and all others about the rhetoric, and has on several
> occasions made his wishes known as far as
> what is acceptable and what is not on this list.  The use of the bible and other
> religious material for the furtherance of ones own particular viewpoints is off
> topic here and smacks of proselytizing and if you will look at the disclaimer in
> every post this is clearly forbidden.

I thought this was an open list, that sort of had free speech...I don't know much
of what is and is not permitted here, but I think it is wrong not to include the
Bible which is a fundamental basis of many things that we have today, governments
included.  I believe it is vital to be able to include such topics. Isn't there
another discussion in reference to freedom of speech as long as it is not abuse of
that freedom, like calling "fire" when there is none.
Carlene