-Caveat Lector-

Okay, I'll bite.  Biblical documentation (courtesy NIV) at

Matt 6 (esp 6:5) {long, I won't reproduce -- especially because of the
written word}

John 8:31ff:  "To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold
to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth,
and the truth will set you free."  They answered him, "We are Abraham's
descendants and have never been slaves on anyone.  How can you say we shall
be set free?"

Acts 7:6ff:  "G*d spoke to him {Abraham} in this way: 'Your descendants
will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and
mistreated four hundred years.  But I will punish the nation they serve as
slaves,' G*d said, 'and afterward they will come out of that country and
worship me in this place.'  Then he gave Abraham the convenant of
circumcision.  And Abraham became the father of Isaac and circumcised him
eight days after his birth.  Later Isaac became the father of Jacob, and
Jacob became the father of the twelve patriarchs."

I stumbled onto the above after looking through my Strong's Exhaustive
Concordance of the Bible.  There's not a bunch on "slave" or "slavery" but
more on "bondage" which translates back to "slavery" in the NIV.  The
Matthew part was what I originally intended to offer but the rest just came
along.

I really lean more toward Celtic Buddhism so these forays into Xtian
theological texts is rather illuminating.
A<>E<>R

The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust