-Caveat Lector-

MJ:
   I contract with you ... I pay you $20, you paint my front porch.
   THIS is capitalism.

   Where is the state you were requiring?

Das GOAT wrote:
   First off, it's NOT capitalism.  It's simply an economic
   exchange -- "barter," mediated by money, i.e., a transferable
   "right" to goods at value, "earned" by labor, traded for labor.

   Now, if you contracted with me to paint your front porch,
   it cost me $20 in labor and materials to do it, and you
   only paid me $10 --making MONEY "FOR NOTHING," but your
   PROFIT of $10 only paid for by MY loss-- THAT would be
   capitalism.

MJ:
No force here only your stupidity in contracting without concern
for you benefit -- unless of course it was your intention for
charity.

Capitalism is the social system based upon private ownership of
the means of production which entails a completely uncontrolled
and unregulated economy where all property is privately owned.
But the separation of the state and the economy is not a primary,
it is only an aspect of the premise that capitalism is based
upon: individual rights. Capitalism is the only politico-economic
system based on the doctrine of individual rights.  This means
that capitalism recognizes that each and every person is the
owner of his own life, and has the right to live his life in
any manner he chooses as long as he does not violate the
rights of others.

Das GOAT wrote:
    Well, you just defrauded and robbed me, breaching our
    contract -- and contracts are a matter of "law,"
    enforceable by the State through its legal system.
<snip>

MJ:
You freely entered into the contract to provide the service
in which that contract was fulfilled (see example above).
No fraud or force, your strawman fallacy.

Regard$,
--MJ

A totalitarian state thrives on propaganda, and there is no
more effective way to limit thought than to control the
language itself.  By changing definitions of words through
continual association, any serious discussion involving the
concepts that the words represents becomes hopelessly
muddled.  The words "democracy," "hate" and "racism"
immediately comes to mind. -- Thomas Sowell