-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 05/11/1999 7:54:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< So the CIA didn't have a Michelin guide to Beograd around.  It happens.
 And they didn't have any "assets on the ground" (ie spies) to walk up
 to the building ahead of time to make sure it *was* an arms depot.  It
 happens.  Did the CIA blow its budget on LSD experiments instead of maps
 and spies and other mundane stuff?  Bother...  But in the long run, it
 really doesn't matter.  China can't do anything effective in retaliation,
 just add this incident to a long list of grievances against the outside
 world - "Those Westerners are always picking on us, it isn't fair!!"

You're right.  It happens.  And with our CIA, it happens with amazing
frequency.  Remember the reports about how the Soviets had all the assets and
weaponry, and would start WWIII.   Our CIA is so ineffective they have become
a worldwide joke.  These are the people who told Clinton to bomb that pill
factory in Sudan.  These are the guys our country depends on for intelligence
(what a laugh) to establish our relations with other countries.  These are
the guys who tell us where the targets are.  Buy any boy scout troop a new
compass, and they will be able to do a better job.  These are the guys who
test mind control drugs on any passing American citizen they can get in their
sights.   These  are the guys who sat so comfortably for years and years with
one of their own happily passing the lists of our agents to foreign
governments (for money), with no one noticing a thing.   This is the outfit
that former president Geoge Bush headed.  Of course he was "out of the loop."
  Yeah, let's not worry.  Be happy.  Prudy