-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 05/12/1999 3:52:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Ironically, if you go back and re-read that article carefully, it makes
clear
 that the CIA was using the PENTAGON's maps which were out of date -- yet the
 CIA gets the blame AND somehow the CIA (not the "poor Pentagon") gets more
 budget cash!  Go figger  >>

Yes Goat, but I'm not sure they were using the Pentagon's latest maps.  It
wouldn't be the first time one outfit gave another outfit outdated material.
One of the most important things (believe it or not) that a military can have
is "good administration."  That's the working administration I'm talking
about.  The people who keep the paper work current, flowing and workable.
Unfortunately those who do this work are treated like pond scum and as a
result no one willingly enters that field, stays with that field, or fights
for good procedures.  The military has shot itself in the foot, and I'm sure
the CIA has done the same.  A few more generals and a few more
pre-presidential leaders should take them both down the hill even faster than
they're going now.  If you've noticed, they've both been failing since the
early sixties.  If they were going down before that, they weren't so obvious
about it that passers by like me noticed it.  Prudy