-Caveat Lector-

It can also be shown that the majority of victims of the Nazi concentration
camps, Jew and otherwise, died of disease or secondary causes that did not
involve direct execution.  However, that in no way excuses the Nazis nor
undermines their avowed goal of extermination.

The same is true in the Americas.  The fact that many of the indigenous
population was dying of disease was celebrated by the so-called Christian
invaders, who literally thanked God that this new land was being cleared of
the heathens.  (In fact, the factor played by disease has been discussed ad
infinitum by scholars since the 18th century, mostly to buttress the racial
superiority of the invading European races.) As far as the invaders were
concerned, God was aiding and abetting their own earthly process of
genocide.

The more important point, though, is that the genocide did not stop then and
has not stopped today.  American Indian lands are today used as dumps for
radioactive waste.  In South and Central America, native populations are
removed or slaughtered at the behest of American mining and oil companies
(most recently in Colombia).  The Nazis lost; our slaughter continues
unabated.

Jared Diamond, the author of Guns, Germs, and Steel, and his ilk are little
more than shills for the elites.  They naturalize the successes of the of
the powerful elites using quasi-scientific explanations.  Diamond is part of
a wider scheme to depoliticize history in order to validate the status quo;
he's basically Whig history with statistics.

And the elites love him.  He's a hot speaker at Fortune 500 corporations who
want to use his "lessons of history" to build bigger, stronger, and more
successful multinational corporations.  The conquest continues.

Cheers,

Lucio