-Caveat Lector-

>From: Eagle 1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>How many times did Jesus say,  "It is written..." ???  He said it
>many times,  because He expected us to learn it for ourselves,  rely upon
>HIS WORD,  and quit depending upon others to tell us how it will and won't
>be.

     Not being an avid religious scholar, I'll note now that ALL that
follows is IMO (not IMHO, since I believe that Humble is a submissive word,
and no longer belongs in my vocabulary).
     A problem I percieve with the above is that I am still being asked to
rely on someones word,  HIS, or others.... It is still asking me to put my
own free-will(so-called) in the hands of another, on a (and admittedly the
oldest) simple BELIEF system, and set of age-old promises.
     I have been Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, and other faiths I can't
even remember.  I left most of the individual churches because most people
were either openly, or behind closed doors, criticizing everyone else in the
group.  I came to realize that the conflict was within my own moral and
ethical codes.  For some reason, I felt my own morals were greater than
those being preached by the ministers.
     Although I am not exactly a believer right now, I know somewhere in the
back of my consciousness, I may still be, yet, all my senses, and thought
processes tell me I am not going anywhere after this physical life ceases to
continue.

>I am neither New Testament or Old Testament...  However, you can't have the
>new without the old.  A testament is a will,  a decree of how things are
>and
>will be done.  The New Testament did not do away with the old,  it simply
>solidified the whole.

Or was it just an update to make the story jive with the times?  Could a
further installment be yet due?  Maybe a NEWER Testament?  Soon to be
followed by a Bigger, Better, and Improved Testament?

>You have to take both with a full understanding of it
>all,  or you will literally miss the whole truth.  THAT is why there are so
>many false doctrines out there...  because there are too many who refuse to
>accept the new,  and many more who only accept the new withoug the old.
>AND
>then there are those who have to "SEE TO BELIEVE"...  must have physical
>evidence for everything...

It is in that sentence that allows the seperation to continue to this day.
Those who believe in this matter, and are told to believe on faith alone,
MUST be told that the ones who want Physical proof, are the ones who will
never believe.  And further, if a believer starts asking about having
physical proof, or the lack thereof, he/she is accused of losing their
faith, or worse yet, falling toward the side of the Devil.  It is a VERY
good way, IMO, of keeping the illusion alive.

>  they are the lawyers,  the same ones CHRIST
>called "liars", "vipers",  and "hypocrits".   Those who cannot understand
>His speech.. John 8:44.

     This part is where the the Prejudice is inserted into the Believers
consciousness.  THINK of these people as BAD.  THEY are not to be TRUSTED.
I don't believe that Christ, if HE was indeed real, and the SON of GOD,
would have condoned discrimination.  What ever happened to
Turn-The-Other-Cheek?

>Signs and wonders are given on a daily basis about what time it is,
>spiritually speaking.  If you want to drag physical phenomenon into the
>issue,  you only need to look around you.  The world is in the shape it's
>in,  because from the beginning,  it chose sin and disobedience rather than
>truth and life.

     What is this IT?
     I am not part of this all encompassing SOCIETY, if that is what you are
refering to.
     Disobedience of what?
     I have yet to violate any of my own core beliefs, or values, and not
repent that violation to my own inner conversation.  I understand when I
disappoint myself, but how do I know when I have disappointed some percieved
authority figure who won't tell me when I have done so?  I would like a
chance to correct my mistakes before I meet this so-called Maker.
     What is Truth?
     I know what mine is, but fear many others in the world we know of have
adopted someone elses 2000 year old version of the truth.  It is not an
inherently bad truth, taken as a set of ideals, or morals to integrate into
ourselves.  It is the application, abuse, and multitudes of interpretations
that pervade this world.

Someone else said:

> > > Let God worry about tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Today is
>quite
> > > enough of a challenge for any of us.

Today is enough for me to deal with.  Life is an incredible challenge, and
I'll let any judging that needs to be done, be done at the end of my living.
  I believe in my own constitution, or Testament if-you-will, and believe
that if there is an afterlife, admittance is going to be judged, not on a
universal set of rules and regs, but how well I lived my life according to
my own ideals, and dreams.  If there is an afterlife, I also don't believe
that there is any Pearly Gates, or Front Door.... Everyone would be welcome,
or unwelcome, but all free to exist as they will.  A movie that seemed to
relate my belief in what an afterlife may be represented by was     What
Dream May Come     I believe is the name of it.  Starred Robin Williams and
Cuba Gooding Jr.   Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All the above was IMO, not Humble, and not intended to flame, or berate
anyone.  My beliefs are dynamic, and may not reflect what my beliefs will be
next year, or even tomorrow.  Feel free to comment, and interpret the above
in your own way, and ask for clarification if any is needed.  I believe in
everyone having their own opinions, and that 2 opposite opinions do not
necessarily mean that one is wrong and the other right.

Mikus