</A> -Cui Bono?-

Okay, so we are now going to tar *all* environmental activists with the
label "eco-terrorist" <fnord>. Look, people, there are those of us who
really do believe that it is NOT all right to clearcut old-growth forest in
the name of profit, prosperity, and the Amurrican developer. And a very good
case can be made (see, e.g., last fall's thread on the "anarchist" actions
in Seattle) that destruction of property is justified when that property is
itself used to destroy the natural environment. [BTW, I *don't* agree with
that...I feel that such actions merely feed into the schemes of the
Oligarchy. However, I must respect and honor the people who *do* espouse
such an approach.] If the White House acted to protect the right of American
citizens to exercise their First Amendment rights in the face of opposition
from the corporate elite and their lackeys, so much the better.

At the risk of opening myself to the flames for which certain members of
this list are infamous, I might even suggest that it was Clinton
administration actions such as the ones attacked in this post that lay
behind the impeachment drive. I strongly suspect that the Republican bosses
and their masters could have cared less about how many women Bill Clinton
fondled. What mattered to them was that he potentially posed a serious
threat to their self-defined "right" to exploit whatever they feel like
exploiting, all for the sake of the Divine Market. ("Potentially,"
because--as we have seen--Bill Clinton is no less an agent of the New
Globalism. But at the moment, we're considering what the Republicans
*thought* he intended, not what he *actually* intended.)