Dear Tara:

It is true American imperialism in the American revolution wanted to an-
nex Canada.  That was the first goal of the revolution.  You remember
the Oregon trail which goal it was to get a grudge match going with the
Brits? The war would be fought on two fronts.  Remember 55'40" or fight?
The treaty of Webster-Ashburton defined the D-line in Minnesota and
Maine.  But do American's know, or Canadians for that matter, that the
Brits ("they are good at giving away what they don't own) offered the
America negotiators the ENTIRE geat lakes.  And some more territory as
well.  They said that is not exceptable and what border you see today is
what they demanded.  Was this done to set up a "grudge" match later?

Interestingly, when the border with Mexico was determined the Mexicans
offered us the  Baja Californian penninsula which would have given us
the mouth of the mouth of the Colorado river which would be worth
billions today but the water must be shared.

Do you recall Ponco Villa who the American army alleged was violating
our territory?  The Rio Grande is not a good border and it is obvious to
me that the Americas wanted the mountain range furthur south for the bor
der.  The army advanced far into Mexico and demanded a plenipotentiary
to negotiate but one was not sent and I would think the Brits pulled us
off of the Mexicans.  Look at the map of Africa and you can see how
Rhodes chopped up the continent for divide and conquer.  Same on our
continent.

I believe that our two countries will be one nation as it should have
been before the Revolution.  But when that happens it will be at the
Canadian dictation.  Power moves north to south; civilization from east
to west; mercy from south to north and destruction from west to east.

The pope told us we are going to be a poor country.  You may have little
idea of American companies that are owned or controled by foreigners nor
do most Americans.  The only care where they can get it cheaper.

P.T. Barnum said, "you'll never go broke underestimating the intelligen-
ce of the American public".

I say we can't help it.  Every American is born a fool. And if an alien
becomes a naturalised citizen and gets his little flag to wave, he be-
comes twice the fool forever.

                                Sincerely,

                                                                Don Huffman

P.S.  I couldn't help coming to this country from Canada.  I was only
two years old.  But I really do love my country!

--
[Mode Selection]
ForceExisting=no

[New Acct Mode]
AskSaveAcctInfo=yes
SavePasswords=yes
AskPersonalInfo=yes
AskSurvey=yes
AskShareInfo=yes
AskBillingInfo=yes
RegServer=RegServ.SR

[Existing Acct Mode]
RegPodURL=http://home.netscape.com/comprod/upgrades/index.html
ShowIntro2=yes
ShowPhones=no
AskName=yes
AskLogin=yes
AskTTY=no
AskEmail=yes
AskPhone=yes
AskDNS=yes
AskHosts=yes
AskRegister=yes

[General]
CardTypes="AX,MC,VI,DC"

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters