"As all voting is secret (by secret ballot), and as all
secret governments are necessarily only secret bands of
robbers, tyrants, and murderers, the general fact that our
government is practically carried on by means of such
voting, only proves that there is among us a secret band of
robbers, tyrants, and murderers, whose purpose is to rob,
enslave, and, so far as necessary to accomplish their
purposes, murder, the rest of the people."
-- Lysander Spooner, No Treason, No. VI

nessie wrote:

> When the boards of directors of the corporations can be elected by the
> public at large, then and only then will we be on our way to real
> democracy.

What do you mean by "real democracy"?

> This thing we have now is a fraud and a sham.

What's the difference between allowing the masses to vote
for hucksters in CONgress, or allowing them to vote for
the scoundrels on the board of directors of the Grunches?
It would still be a fraud and a sham: a 'choice' between
*their* candidates. The tens of millions who perished
(under "state-monopoly capitalism") in the Soviet
Union had the 'right' to vote too, you know.

        "Doubtless the most miserable of men, under the most
oppressive government in the world, if allowed the ballot,
would use it, if they could see any chance of thereby
meliorating their condition. But it would not, therefore,
be a legitimate inference that the government itself, that
crushes them, was one which they had voluntarily set up,
or even consented to." -- Lysander Spooner (ibid)

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL