-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Hennessey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Global warming? tilting earth j2

-Caveat Lector-

> > > earth tilt,
>
> > Wrong.
>
> whats wrong with the physical theory of earth tilt -
> it has happened before - and we know that the
> poles are wobbling more than usual just now.
> ie. it may happen again.
> even Einstein was into HAB Theory -
> earth crustal displacement theory - and there's
> plenty of geological/archaeological evidence to support it
> mind you the thinning of the polar caps may have an
> effect on the crustal plates/tectonics
>
> what evidence do you have to discard earth tilt ?
>
> andrew

Tilt is not the term usually applied to what I believe you are referring
to, namely "precession of the equinox," which is, as you mentioned, the
wobble in the Earth's tilt, which makes a full cycle every 2600 years.
And, altho small, this precession does have a significant effect on
prevailing weather patterns and climate.

And, I totally disagree that human impact/influence on the natural
underlying cycling from warm to ice-age is negligible.  NO WAY!  Like I
say, anyone that thinks human activities are not SIGNIFICANTLY accelerating
warming is a beer short of a six pack.

And, many more "heavy weights" in science believe that MAJOR crustal
displacement DOES occur (how often is the only question), e.g., Hubbell,
LeBroch, even Hawking.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

   FROM THE DESK OF:

           *Michael Spitzer* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>