-Caveat Lector-

From: Joshua Tinnin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Right, but a lot of films which are "in the can" and might not have made it
>to screen get retooled if an opportunity arises which might make them more
>profitable, such as a war.

The thing is, none of these films were sitting around 'in the can'..."Black
Hawk Down", "We Were Soldiers", etc., were all made within the past 2 to 3
years and were planned to be released in the fall of 2001 and winter/spring
of 2002...

>War films have always been popular.

No they haven't.  At least, not films that show war in a favorable light;
John Wayne had a hard time trying to make his pro-war films profitable in
the late 1960s, because the viewing public was turning against the Vietnam
War and wasn't in the mood to watch Wayne's simplistic jingoism...

And war films were definitely NOT popular prior to WWII; and they waned in
popularity in the 1950s...so no, war films are NOT always popular, just as
westerns aren't always popular or musicals or mysteries or monster films;
genres go thru phases of popularity, waxing in popularity in one era and
waning in popularity in another...

>Your theory is an interesting one, and I tend to agree with you, having
>thought about it myself. But there hasn't been much evidence at all to
>suggest that these movies were all part of a "master plot" which resulted
in
>the attack on the WTC and our subsequent war, other than the timeline.

Well of course there wouldn't be overt evidence, other than it being mighty
strange that Hollywood en masse decided in the late 1990s that pro-war
themed films would suddenly become popular, and 'just happened' to start
making these films so that their collective release would occur after
9/11/2001...

Again, none of these films were 'in the can'...they are recent creations
whose releases were planned to occur starting in mid-autumn of 2001, and it
is THAT timing that is so suspicious...

June