On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:11:06PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Yumekui Neru, and lo! it spake thus:

> Is there a particular process required to run ctwm in a say UTF-8
> locale?

Generally, just having the env set should do it.  With 3.8.2 and
earlier, using a UTF-8 locale tended to yield outside titlebars etc
due to font height calculations, so I forced my normal en_US.UTF-8 off
(i.e., "env LANG= /where/ever/ctwm" in .xinitrc), but changes since
then have fixed that up so I don't do anything special but let it
inherit $LANG from my normal environment.

> I am testing with the menu entry:
> "왜!" f.nop
> which appears as ?V!* for me in the menu list

Seems to come up fine for me in both 3.8.2 and current head.  I don't
have any special fonts set in the test .ctwmrc I used, so it's
presumably just using the standard ones.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net