Date:        Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:26:29 +0100
    From:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fekete_Zolt=E1n?= <fekete.zol...@minux.hu>

  | Using USB would have been a good starting point from a hardware
  | availability perspective.

It probably still could be, Martin's:

  | >There are lots of others out there though...

was in reference to his earlier:

  | >for the USB chipsets where we currently have drivers.

and indicates that there are more USB chipsets for which we
don't currently (not even in his, and others', unreleased yet version)
have drivers.

Martin's reply wasn't very helpful to you though - as that by itself
game almost no info.   While requesting a list of what isn't supported
would be too much to ask (how would anyone know all of what might exist?)
a list of the ucb chipsets that we will eventually have (or should have)
support for would be much more reasonable - ones that are intended to work,
even if there's not yet any guarantee they eventually will.   Then Fekete has
something to work from, he can (if the desire is there) look at what is
available to him, and if something turns up which is not on the list,
he'd have something to work on.

  | Nonetheless, I have a PCIe device with AR9565 (Atheros).

I can't comment on that particular one, but I believe there's quite a
lot of updated Atheros support in the coming WiFi stack - they're a
fairly popular chipset (set of chipsets).

I would suggest that if you're going to do anything, you get the new
WiFi code, and start there (it is in at least one of the repositories,
just not normally included in a normal checkout) I'm sure Martin can
tell you how to fetch it.   Working with what we currently have would,
I think, largely be a waste of your time (apart from whatever educational
benefits it provides you in terms of increasing your knowledge of how
things can be done).

kre