On Fri, Dec 22, 2023 at 08:06:40AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
    Date:        Thu, 21 Dec 2023 20:26:29 +0100
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fekete_Zolt=E1n?= <fekete.zol...@minux.hu>

  | Using USB would have been a good starting point from a hardware
  | availability perspective.

It probably still could be, Martin's:

  | >There are lots of others out there though...

was in reference to his earlier:

  | >for the USB chipsets where we currently have drivers.

and indicates that there are more USB chipsets for which we
don't currently (not even in his, and others', unreleased yet version)
have drivers.

There is probably a misunderstanding. The "list" I assumed we were talking
about is at https://wiki.netbsd.org/wifi_driver_state_matrix/

There are no additional drivers popping up with the new stack by itself, besides (currently) two exceptions: the mtw one that started this discussion
and the Intel linux one that Phil is working on.

The Atheros chipset mentioned might fall into the AR10k group (I
haven't checked details yet), where FreeBSD has a driver and we can
(maybe) more or less easily adapt that driver with the new stack - but
besides the (then) identical wifi API we have to deal with the
different USB api (and ideally adapt to the usbwifi helper library).

Martin

Ok, I checked the list. I hope I do not misinterpret. The list contains drivers which has not been converted and tested yet. So, I assume if I could choose one and purchase a hardware, then theoretically it would be possible to contribute, right?

 FeZ