On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 at 16:02, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 at 15:56, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It is a GNU libiberty utility function and probably should not be a
> > > dynamic
> > > symbol anywhere (but staticaly linked from -liberty).
> >
> > I just found that I can't build any other rust projects, which used to
> > work ok, like helix, for instance, because of that.
> >
> > So it must be something very recent - my last successful helix build
> > is from 29th of December, I rebuilt the system on the 30th, but in the
> > meantime I switched from rust-bin to source (because of a problem with
> > shells/nushell dumping core upon reading birthdates of mounted /kern
> > ).
>
> I switched back to rust-bin 1.73 - this didn't change anything - I
> still can't build anything with cargo.

While the original query is perhaps valid, the rest turned out to be a
simple case of PEBCAK - at one of the runs I had a message about an
invalid make parameters and decided to see if that could be overcome
with gnu make - so I set my PATH starting with /usr/pkg/gnu/bin ....
Moral of the story - don't do this...

As far as zellij is concerned, it appears to fail about two thirds of
the build when building region 3.0.0:
  Compiling region v3.0.0
error[E0412]: cannot find type `QueryIter` in module `os`
 -->
/home/ci4/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/region-3.0.0/src/query.rs:7:24

7 |   iterator: Option<os::QueryIter>,
  |                        ^^^^^^^^^ not found in `os`

help: consider importing this struct through its public re-export

1 + use crate::QueryIter;

help: if you import `QueryIter`, refer to it directly

7 -   iterator: Option<os::QueryIter>,
7 +   iterator: Option<QueryIter>,

error[E0433]: failed to resolve: could not find `QueryIter` in `os`
  -->
/home/ci4/.cargo/registry/src/index.crates.io-6f17d22bba15001f/region-3.0.0/src/query.rs:15:9

15 |     os::QueryIter::new(origin, size).map(|iterator| Self {
   |         ^^^^^^^^^ could not find `QueryIter` in `os`

help: consider importing this struct through its public re-export

1  + use crate::QueryIter;

help: if you import `QueryIter`, refer to it directly

15 -     os::QueryIter::new(origin, size).map(|iterator| Self {
15 +     QueryIter::new(origin, size).map(|iterator| Self {

Chavdar

--
----