On Mar 27, 2007, at 3:19 AM, Andrea Smyth wrote:
The policy APIs in the api module are a good example - the reason they are there and not, along with the impl in the cxf-rt-ws-policy module, is the modularization of the rt modules in the first place: cxf-api so far has been a solution to keeping the numerous cxf-rt-* modules free from circular dependencies.
Again, you're approaching this from the viewpoint of someone who is developing cxf. The user of the jars isn't cxf developers, it's end users to whom this is not relevant at all. it's an implementation/ internal design detail that's leaking into userland and making the library more difficult to use than it should be.
If we combined cxf-api and cxf-rt-* (with packages in the latter being moved into impl or internal packages) that would not be an issue, but the jar and its list of dependencies will become quite big.
I'd be happy if there was one jar I could drop in that would run for basic usage. Basic usage meaning I can programatically create a service and have it be invoked.
