From:   "pa49", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is starting to annoy me.
If I were to shoot someone who was threatening me with a  gun, I certainly
would be treated as a defendant and I see no reason why a member of the
Police should be treated any differently. I would have to justify my actions
and so should the Police. The Police have to operate within the Law, after
all. Surely that is a healthy approach in a democratic society and nothing
to be feard if the officers have acted appropriately.
Is there a different criteria for justification in these cases involving
Police shootings and if so why is it acceptable for a member of the Police
to defend themselves in this manner and not a civilian?
Neil Saint I
--
It's not a given you would be charged but there's a good chance
of it.  However at the inquest I doubt you could claim anonymity.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]